Settlement In Saskatchewan Archives Photo
Search
Keyword Word or "Phrase"
All File Types
Photos
Video Files
Documents
Audio Files
Map
Drawing
OR
Ref Number
OR
Community


1870-1880 - Battleford as Capital
Image Preview
Ref Number
R-A2287
Item Date
no date


Government House - Battleford


"During the late 1870s, Battleford became the capital of the North West Territories. The selection of Battleford indicated the population trend at the time as most Europeans lived along the river systems. With the railway expected to follow the same route there were high hopes for the future of the community. When the railway was rerouted through the southern prairie the capital was moved to Regina."

Document Details
Reference Number:
R-A2287
Media Type:
photograph
Keywords:
Battleford; Government House


Sort Results:
Preview Ref Number Type Title
Image Preview R-A2287 Photograph 1 - Government House - Battleford
Image Preview R-A866 Photograph 2 - The community of Battleford.
Image Preview R-D2184-50 Map 3 - The four provincial jurisdictions.
Image Preview R-A2288-1 Photograph 4 - Battleford Industrial School.
Prev | 1 | Next
 
Copyright © Saskatchewan Archives Board 2005
Site by OH! Media - Regina Web Design