Settlement In Saskatchewan Archives Photo
Search
Keyword Word or "Phrase"
All File Types
Photos
Video Files
Documents
Audio Files
Map
Drawing
OR
Ref Number
OR
Community


Religion - Churches and Congregations
Image Preview
Ref Number
R-A999
Item Date
1927


Stanley Mission on the Churchill River. Completed in 1860, this Anglican church is the oldest building in Saskatchewan.


Religion and churches are as varied in Saskatchewan as the people who settled the province. With over 68 different religions by 1912, people of all backgrounds had an opportunity to worship. Whether it was a small wooden structure or an opulent cathedral, there was a church for everyone.

Document Details
Reference Number:
R-A999
Media Type:
photograph
Keywords:
Stanley Mission; Anglican Church


Sort Results:
Preview Ref Number Type Title
Image Preview R-A999 Photograph 01 - Stanley Mission on the Churchill River. Completed in 1860, this Anglican church is the oldest building in Saskatchewan.
Image Preview R-A20088 Photograph 02 - A small wooden building used as a church in Drake.
Image Preview R-A1312 Photograph 03 - A small wooden church under construction in Vonda.
Image Preview R-A223-4 Photograph 04 - The Presbyterian church and manse in Sintaluta.
Image Preview R-A20342 Photograph 05 - The church at Popular Grove was made of stone with stained glass windows.
Image Preview R-A24530 Photograph 06 - An interior view of St. Paul's Presbyterian church in Oxbow.
Image Preview R-B10937 Photograph 07 - "Constructed out of brick, the Methodist Church in Indian Head was built in 1898."
Image Preview R-A18339 Photograph 08 - The Methodist Church in Fleming was built out of stone.
Image Preview R-B10905-1 Photograph 09 - "Located in Sintaluta, this Anglican church was built out of stone."
Image Preview R-B9346 Photograph 10 - A small Anglican Church at Stony Beach.
Prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
 
Copyright © Saskatchewan Archives Board 2005
Site by OH! Media - Regina Web Design