SK Archives Photo S-B1243
Records Management Policy and Guidelines
It is the policy of the Government of Saskatchewan that all government institutions manage the records in their possession or control to meet the obligations outlined in The Archives and Public Records Management Act.
The Information Management Unit of the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan is responsible for the development of records management policies, guidelines and standards for the Government of Saskatchewan and assists individual government institutions in developing records management policies and procedures applicable to their specific organizations.
The following polices and guidelines have been approved by the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan for use by Saskatchewan government institutions:
- Saskatchewan Records Management Policy
- Basic Records Management Practices for Saskatchewan Government
- Email Management Guidelines
- Saskatchewan Transitory Records Guidelines
- Accreditation Procedures for Government Institutions
- Accreditation Checklist for Government Institutions
- Accreditation Procedures for Crown Corporations
- Accreditation Checklist for Crown Corporations
- Transfer of Custody Guidelines
- Source Records Guidelines
- Records Management Policy Model
- Operational Records System Development Guide
- Naming Conventions
- Social Media Policy
- Social Media Guidelines
- Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS) Acquisition Strategy
- Cloud Computing
- Triage Chart
For information regarding records disposition please refer to the Saskatchewan Records Disposal System.
*Hard copies of the ARMS2014 manual are available for $25.00. Please contact the IMU at email@example.com or (306) 787-0734.