The Provincial Archives has these goals and objectives for its 2023-2027 strategic plan.
As defined in The Archives and Public Records Management Act, the objectives and functions of the Provincial Archives are:
- To acquire and preserve public and private records of significance to Saskatchewan and to facilitate access to those records;
- To be the permanent repository of public records;
- To ensure that public records are managed, kept and preserved in a usable format;
- To promote and facilitate good records management respecting public records in order to support accountability, transparency and effective operations; and;
- To encourage and support archival activities and the archival community.
Through innovation, collaboration and partnerships provide guidance and oversight to the provincial government on records and information management, and acquire, preserve, make available records of historical significance in a way that respects the diversity of our province.
To be the authority for public records and to ensure the documentary history of Saskatchewan is preserved and accessible.