News and Events at the Provincial Archives

Our new location at 2440 Broad Street, Regina

Over the next several months, the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan will be moving out of its locations in both Regina and Saskatoon and into a new facility at 2440 Broad Street.  We will be sharing this space with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC).  This consolidation will bring the entire Permanent Collection, as well as all staff, under the same roof for the first time.  It will bring educational, research and cultural opportunities to Wascana Park and develop the seat of government as the custodian of the historical record of Saskatchewan. 

Our new location will be undergoing extensive renovations to ensure that it supports the physical environment required for historical records and allows us to expand our public services.

Our facility in Saskatoon, which is located on the University of Saskatchewan campus, will be the first to move.  The Saskatoon office houses some 16,000 boxes, approximately 15% of the Permanent Collection.   The three Regina locations which house the remaining 85% of the Collection will follow, along with our administrative offices. We will do our best to ensure that the records remain available during the process.  Our Reference and Outreach Services will be expanding hours of operation to Monday through Friday, beginning in late August.

Moving an archive is a HUGE job!   We have already started preparing – conducting inventories at all of the locations, marking and labelling boxes and readying the material for moving. 

This is an incredibly exciting time for the Archives!  We will be providing regular updates as the move progresses, so be sure to follow us here and join us on our journey!


Un pas historique pour la préservation du patrimoine 
documentaire francophone en Saskatchewan

A historic step for preserving francophone
documentary heritage in Saskatchewan

Dans le cadre de la Semaine des archives 2019, la Société historique de la Saskatchewan et les Archives provinciales de la Saskatchewan ont signé une entente de collaboration à long terme propice au développement de services d’archives en français.

As part of Archives Week 2019, the Société historique de la Saskatchewan and the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan have signed a long-term collaboration agreement for the development of French-language archival services In the province. 

Click here to read the news release.  Cliquez ici pour lire le communiqué de presse.

 


  

The Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan is happy to announce that our entire collection of back issues of Saskatchewan History magazine (1948-2017) is now available as free PDF downloads. Click here to learn more and to access the 182 issues.

  

    


 

The Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan invites you to visit our YouTube channel to view our five-part video series:

 

From the Prairies to the Trenches

Saskatchewan and the First World War

1914-1918

 

‘From the Prairies to the Trenches’ examines the events of World War One from a uniquely Saskatchewan perspective, with each video focusing on a specific year of the conflict.

The Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan, in partnership with Radio-Canada and ‘La Cite’/ University of Regina, are happy in offering the series in both English and French language versions, with associated closed captioning.

A comprehensive listing of the sources used for the video series can be found here.